Why Choose Metal Roofing in Cornwall?
- Metal roofs are surprisingly lightweight and are great at reflecting heat from the sun, a characteristic that helps homeowners save energy on cooling bills (and may even qualify for tax credits!)
- Metal roofs can last 40-70 years, depending on which type of metal roofing material you have chosen
- Metal roofs don’t need the regular costly maintenance that other roofing materials can require. However, they should be inspected periodically to make sure no repairs are required
- Depending on the material used, metal roofs not only have 25-95% recycled content, but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof meaning that they are a good ecologically friendly roofing option
- Most metal roofing materials can be installed on gently pitched roofs without presenting a leaking potential
- Metal is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot. Most types of metal roofing has a warranty of 20 to 50 years
- Most metal roofing materials come in multiple-shingle sections or in 12- to 36-inch-wide panels meaning it can be installed quickly, and sometimes even over your existing roof! This is good news for anyone needing a roof repair in winter months
Types of Metal Roofing
Zinc Roofing has only been commonly used in Cornwall for the last few years but is quickly gathering popularity because of its high-end finish and durability. Thanks to the chemical makeup of zinc, it develops a protective layer when exposed to rain or salt (a very good thing in Cornwall!) which protects it from further damage.
Copper Roofing offers a character and durability that no other metal roof can match. Copper is a truly versatile roofing material as it incorporates high thermal properties with flexibility – making it great for molding around awkward shapes – and is durable and long lasting too.
Lead Roofing has been proven to be one of the greenest building materials available, and lasts three times longer than other man-made products. Because of this, lead roofing is more economical than any man-made alternatives and is 100% more cost-effective over 65 years.
Metal Roof Repairs in Cornwall & Devon
Although metal roofs are very durable and you shouldn’t have to replace them, sometimes rust, storm damage, or contraction and expansion of the metal, they occasionally need repair, especially if a building has an old-style metal roofing system or it was not properly installed in the first place.
If the damage is sizeable, you will probably need to replace an entire section of the roof or perhaps the whole roof. Unless you have experience with working on this type of roofing, you shouldn’t tackle metal roof repairs yourself. It is generally best to call a metal roofing specialist trained in working with your roofing material so as not to cause costly mistakes or negate your insurance. A trained roofer can repair your metal roof by:
- Sealing roof leaks
- Resealing edges
- Looking for holes and rust patches
- Loose and rusty nails pulled up and replaced
- Severely damaged flashing will require replacing by a qualified metal roofing repair specialist
Get in touch today for a free consultation to see which is the best solution using metal roofing in Cornwall for you and your home.